Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear Lilly


Dear Lilly,


Tomorrow you will be 15 months old. I cannot believe how quickly you are growing and changing. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital in labor having no idea what the little girl inside of me was going to be like. When I was pregnant with you I always wondered what you would be like. Since I was a little girl I always wanted a healthy, blonde hair, blue eyed beautiful baby girl, and that is just what God blessed me with. It seems like just yesterday that we brought you home on that cold, rainy Sunday afternoon. I couldn't believe that you were actually mine and that I was bringing you home with me. I remember the deepest most profound love that I felt for you. I loved you so much it hurt. I wanted to protect you and keep you safe. I was so scared, and so worried, and so overjoyed all at the same time. You were precious. Everything I had always dreamed of. You were so tiny and delicate. I watched you grow and change and before my eyes you have turned into a loving, spunky, happy, bubbly, outgoing, little girl. You are very smart. You are curious and a little mischievious. When you don't get your way you pout and sometimes even throw a tantrum. You love to talk and have a very big vocabulary. You are perfect in every way!


I can't wait to continue watching you grow. It's bittersweet. I am sad to see you grow up because you become less of my "baby". But I am overjoyed to watch you grow as a person. I hope you are happy and successful in life. I hope you have big dreams and never stop trying to reach those dreams. I hope one day you have a daughter of your own so that you can experience how wonderful it is to be a mommy and the greatest love in the whole world. I thank God every day for letting me be your mommy and I wonder how I have been so blessed to have you in my life. Most importantly I hope you walk through life with Him holding your hand. He knows your future, and I hope you know that He will always be there.


Happy 15 months sweet baby girl!!





Photobucket

No comments: