I am in search of quick, easy, and inexpensive recipes. It is my goal to stop eating out, except the occassional special dinner out, and start cooking more. I really do not mind cooking, I just get so frustrated when I open a cookbook and see a list of 15+ ingredients staring back at me. And, 1/2 of those ingredients are ones that I do not have in my cuppard. I have stumbled across a couple easy recipes from other blogs and have had a few passed down to me by friends. We have two new favorites in our house! I want to share those recipes with you and hope that your family loves them as much as we do!
Recipe #1 - Mexican Chicken
Ingredients:
1 package small, soft tortilla shells (I use a package of 10)
3-4 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can rotel
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
1. Tear soft tortilla shells and line the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish
2. Mix together cooked, cubed chicken, soups, and rotel in a bowl
3. Pour chicken and soup mixture over broken tortillas
4. Top with cheddar cheese
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Simple as that! Yum-O
Recipe #2 - Pizza Bake
Ingredients:
1 10oz can of refrigerated pizza dough
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 can rotel
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. of taco seasoning
Directions:
1. Cook ground turkey and drain.
2. Pour 1 can of rotel and taco seasoning in pan with turkey and cook until the juice from the rotel has cooked off
3. Line the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish with pizza dough
4. Pour turkey and rotel mixture over pizza dough
5. Cook at 425 degrees for 12 minutes
6. Add shredded mozzarella to the top of dish
7. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with sour cream and chips and salsa! So Yummy!
Ok so there are our families two favorite quick/easy/and cheap recipes! What are yours?



1 comment:
It's looks great, I'll try the first recipe today.
Post a Comment