Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

On December 30th Dave and I had this conversation:
Me: "Hey babe, want to go to Vegas in March?"
Dave: "Sure, I've always wanted to go to Vegas and didn't know when I would get to go"

The next day...

Me: "Babe, are you serious about Vegas?"
Dave: "Yeah, sure!"

The day after that...

Me: "Babe, are you sure you're sure about Vegas because I'm going to book flights?"
Dave: "Yeah! Go ahead"

On January 1st I booked our flights and started making travel plans! I still didn't believe that we were really going to Las Vegas!

We left for on Wednesday, March 10th really early in the morning. Arrived in Vegas around noon and went non stop the entire time. When we arrived it was really windy, cold, and rainy in so we spent some time eating lunch and having drinks at Margaritaville! We tried our luck in the Casino and then had a yummy dinner at Julian Serrano a tapas restaurant (which I would highly recommend to anyone going to Vegas). By the time we went to bed really really late (or early in the morning) we had been awake for over 24 hours. With the 3 hour time difference we were wide awake around 4:30 Thursday morning because our bodies were still on 7:30 east coast time. Not Fun! So much for sleeping in on vacation!

On Thursday we walked, and walked, and walked, and walked some more until we could walk no more, after we ate at the hotel breakfast buffet of course! I was determined to see every hotel inside and out because we had heard how gorgeous and unique all of them were. My favorite was either the Bellagio or the Paris. I loved the classiness of the Bellagio and the "open air feel" in the Paris since the ceilings are painted to resemble being outside on the streets of Paris! However, we loved our hotel, the Monte Carlo, too. It was a newer hotel but not as "busy" as some of the others. The central location on the strip was also really great. Thursday night we got dressed up and had drinks and food at The Strip House a really yummy steak restaurant in Planet Hollywood. I was spoiled with expensive red wine and delicious food. Then, the best part of the night was going to see Holly Madison's "Peepshow"! The dancing and music in the show was incredible and Dave enjoyed it too since it was a burlesque "strip tease".

Las Vegas Strip

The Bellagio


The Paris Hotel


Friday we were able to sleep in a little later which was nice. We grabbed a quick breakfast including Starbucks of course and headed off down the strip determined to see the few hotels we hadn't the day before. We did some shopping in Caesars Palace, had lunch at a cute Italian restaurant in the Venetian and visited Madame Tussuad's wax museum. One of my favorite things we did in each Casino we visited was play $1 in a slot machine just to say we had played in most hotel casinos in Vegas! On a couple we actually won a significant amount. Thursday late afternoon/early evening we relaxed at a few bars in our hotel and in the casino. That evening we had dinner at the Bellagio Buffet (since so many people had raved about it). This buffet was the buffet of all buffet's. We paid almost $90 for the two of us but it was worth it. They had everything from crab legs to sushi to Fillet Mignon and a dessert buffet of over 100 desserts. Plus, it was fun to say we had eaten there at least once since it did make the Travel Channel's top 100 places to eat in the US!

Caesars Palace

Madame Tussauds

The Venetian


Saturday, we visited a few more casinos, walked through M&M world and got Lilly fun colored M&M's, and had the best hot dog ever at the famous "Pink's Hot Dogs". Friday night we brought the red eye back to Richmond (which we will never ever ever do again especially coming home from Vegas) and arrived home Sunday around 10ish. We were greeted at the airport by our blond hair blue eyed baby girl whom we missed very much and were ready to get home to!

We had a wonderful trip but were exhausted when we arrived home. Dave and I both agreed that the next time we go to Vegas we will spend more time relaxing by the pool and going out at night rather than doing all the "touristy" stuff now that we've seen Vegas! That was the first big trip Dave and I had been on together (just the two of us) since Lilly was born and even though I missed her terribly I knew she was in good hands and was having a wonderful time with her Nonny and Poppy and, I was able to have a wonderful time with my incredible hubby!

No comments: