Lilly's big girl room has been ready since before her 2nd birthday in April but, she has not wanted to sleep in it. We've had all her stuff moved into that room and ready for her. We get dressed in there, read books in there, we basically do everything in there except sleep. We tried for a while and she cried and begged to move back to her crib in her nursery so we let her. There is no rush for Lilly to move into her big girl room. We do not need the nursery for at least another 10 months since as of right now there is no baby on the way. Currently the nursery is just storing all the baby stuff and the crib which Lilly loves sleeping in still. When we ask her when she is going to sleep in her big girl room she answers "someday". So, last night we decided to try again. We read two bedtime books, said our prayers (4 times since she kept saying "say them again" after Amen), I rubbed her bath and layed with her for a couple minutes. When I got up to kiss her goodnight and leave she started crying. I asked her why she didn't want to sleep in her new room and she told me because there were ponies in there and she was scared. I assured her that there were no ponies in her room, covered her up, rubbed her back and said her prayers 4 more times! I got up to leave, made it to the door and into the hallway and she didn't cry. She stayed up there a while before she finally fell asleep and we found her like this...

She was awake this morning at 5:15 crying. Poor thing was probably scared when she woke up in a new room this morning. We let her come to our room and lay in bed with us in hopes that we all could get another hour of sleep. Around 6 o'clock she informed us that she wanted to go back to her big room so we let her. She didn't go back to sleep instead she played in her bed which was ok too! When I got out of the shower at 6:40 she was back in our bed with Dave. I am so proud of her for sleeping the entire night in her new big girl room. Waking up early is a small sacrifice we will have to make while she gets adjusted! She has informed me that she is ready to sleep in there for good now and during nap time too! However, she did not want to nap in her big girl room today. She was back in the crib, which is ok with me because I am not sure I'm ready to sacrifice her 3+ hour nap yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment