Happy Memorial Day
2010
2010
Saturday morning we headed down to the river for Memorial Day weekend! We slept in a bit, packed up the car, stopped at Marty's Grill for breakfast, then hit the road. Lilly did great on the way down to the river. Car rides are always unpredictable with her. As soon as we got down to the river Lilly wanted to go on a boat ride...so we did! She loved standing up on the seat and holding on to the rail while she put her other hand out to try to catch the water. One of my favorite things about going down to the river are the family dinners! After a day on the water in the sun its nice to come in, get showers and all sit down to a yummy home cooked meal together.
Memorial Day we woke up and spent the day relaxing enjoying each others company. Lilly woke up with a heat rash so she spent most of the day playing dolls inside the house and watching movies. Steve took Brad, Dave, and I fishing out on the boat so Brad could try to catch some more fish for his fish fry. I didn't fish...I was just there to try to get some sun and for moral support! We headed back home to reality later Monday afternoon. It is always nice to get back home after being away but hard to get back into our daily routine. I am always sad when our weekends are over and it's time for Dave to go back to work.
I love our Memorial Day weekend tradition of spending it down at the River. I hope it's a memory that stays with Lilly and one she continues with her family one day. It's nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of every day life, away from technology, minimal TV time and a LOT of family time.
Thank you to all the men and women who have died serving and who are still serving our country. It is you who we spend this weekend giving thanks to for protecting our Country.


No comments:
Post a Comment