Last night we went to Mom and Steve's for a
fish fry! Steve cooked all the fish that the boys caught this past weekend and, it was delicious. I am not a fan of fried fish that you can get in a restaurant but, I love it when Steve cooks it. He breads it with a really thin layer of homemade breading and then fries it in a tiny bit of oil on the stove! Yummy! We also had homemade hush puppies, my favorite! For dessert I made a homemade
coconut cake. It was delicious and I got the recipe from
Kelly's Recipe Blog. It was really easy to make...here it is
Ingredients:
One white cake mix
14 oz can of cream of coconut
14 oz can of Sweet condensed milk
Cool Whip
Coconut flakes
Bake the cake mix according to the box. While hot, poke holes all over the cake. Mix the sweet milk and coconut milk and pour over cake. Once cake is cool, top with cool whip and the coconut flakes. Keep refrigerated.
While waiting for dinner Uncle Brad and Lilly were hanging out in the sun room. When I peaked out there to check on them this is what I found...

They were having a conversation and looked so cute sitting in chairs across from each other! Lilly loves her Uncle Brad! But, when I asked her if she would get in Brad's lap so I could take a picture of them together she responded "NO Mom, Lilly wants to sit in this chair right here"! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment