Friday, June 4, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

We are heading into the "twos" head on. The past couple days Lilly has not been herself. She is constantly testing the waters and seeing how far she can push the limits. We are trying to stand strong but sometimes it's so difficult not to give him so that the tantrums will stop. I am so scared we are creating a monster. Wednesday was not Lilly's best day. I think she threw 12349834 tantrums that day. Then, on the way to the grocery store she was way too quiet in the back seat. When I turned around to check on her she was rapidly shoving raisins up her nose. I couldn't help but turn back around and laugh inside. While in the grocery store standing in line to pay for our items she threw one of the biggest tantrums she has ever had because she did not want to pay for the groceries. As I stood there waiting to pay I felt my body getting hot and my face turning bright red. I wanted to crawl under the basket and hide. I was "that parent" and Lilly was "that kid". The past couple of days our patience have been tested and 1203942394 times a day I pray to God with usually just one word.."HELP". And every time I wish for her to stop screaming and throwing herself on the ground I thank God that my child can talk and that my child can move and walk and speak. I know that we will look back on these days and miss them so even when we have hard (and I mean HARD) days I am trying to cherish them.

And, sometimes when I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope, I have to take a break and just stop and smell the roses!

Photobucket

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

Yay! I didn't know you had a blog! Love it. Lily is gorgeous and don't worry- the terrible two don't last very long! =)