Monday, June 6, 2011

These are a few (or more) of my favorite (baby) things

*UPDATED - I've updated this post to tell you where to buy all of my favorite things!!!*

There are many baby things that I can't live without! Some are things that I used with Lilly and couldn't live without and still can't. Others are new things I'm using with Cooper and am totally in love with!





The first is the JJ Cole Car Seat Canope. With having a 3 year old and a newborn it is impossible to sit inside and do nothing. We are busy people and were required to be on the go from the time Cooper was itty bitty. I was able to take him places and keep him covered from germs and strangers who wanted to get close and touch him. An added bonus is when Cooper is covered he sleeps so well wherever we are! The fabric is really thin and breathable so that he doesn't get too hot! I got mine from Babiesrus.com but, you can get them in the store too. Online has more variety of patterns and shipping is usually free. I also saw these at Target the other day too!


My mom bought me the Moby wrap when Cooper was 2 weeks old and I was feeling completely overwhelmed with everything in my house that needed to be done (laundry, dishes, pumping, sterilizing, taking care of Lilly). I didn't know how I was going to snuggle Cooper, or soothe him when he was unhappy and be able to do everything else that needed to be done with only two hands. With this I could wrap him up against me and have my hands free to still do everything I needed to and snuggle by sweet baby boy! It has also been perfect for grocery shopping with two small children and calming Cooper down when he is really fussy! Mine is from A Woman's Place, lactation center, in Innsrbook. But, I saw that Target is now selling these too! They didn't have a very big variety of colors. I only saw black and green. A Woman's Place has a ton of different colors.



HELLO MYLICON!!! I think we should buy stock in Mylicon drops! Cooper fights sleep like it's his job! If he gets too tired then he will fight it and fight it and not give in! We use Mylicon drops not only for gas (because sweet baby boy has quite a bit) but also to just drop a little bit on his paci and then pop it in his mouth. As soon as the pacifier goes back in his mouth he is instantly asleep! These are miracle drops!! I've also bought the generic Target brand and I think they work just as well! You can get these anywhere really - Target, Walmart, any drug store, Babies R' Us.




My mother-in-law bought the Rock n' Play Sleeper for Cooper after Renee had recommended it. When she came over with it we immediately put it together and tested it out. Cooper was instantly in love, as were we! He will just sit and hang out in it. It's inclined perfectly for his reflux too and we are able to put him in it after he has eaten and he is inclined enough that it does not hurt his tummy! There are many nights that this thing has allowed me to cook dinner! Cooper just hangs out in the kitchen with me while I cook! It's also perfect to fold up and take places with us when we travel. We use it as a bed and it sits level to our bed for easy access to put a paci back in an unhappy babies mouth or rock back to sleep! Ours is from Target but, Babies R' Us sells them too!




We have this sound machine in Cooper's cradle in our bedroom. We use the "womb" sound. Between this and The Miracle Blanket we are able to lay Cooper down at night for bed wide awake and he will put himself to sleep and sleep 9-12 hours. I honestly cannot remember if we got this from Babies R' Us or Target. But I know Babies R' Us has sound machines for sure.



My mom bought Cooper this precious "Tubby Towel" fish towel after I had mentioned to her that he hated bath time. Bless his little heart, he screams and screams and screams. Now, I can wash his body, cover him with the towel and, keep him warm while I wash his hair. He still does not LOVE bathtime but it is now a much more enjoyable experience for all involved!! I wish we had this sooner!! Purchased at Target!! They also have a frog tubby towel too!


The Aden and Anais receiving/swaddle blankets are another thing that Renee recommended! I commented on how cute Avery's were and she shared with me how much she loved them. I went to target the next day and called Renee from the checkout line to make sure it was one of those things that "she couldn't live without" to make sure I should get them. She assured me that they were one of her favorite baby items and sure enough they are now one of mine too. Love, Love, Love!!!!! They are wonderful, so soft and snuggly, thin and just absolutely precious. Bought from Target! They come in a pack of 4. A little pricey (I thought) for receiving/swaddling blankets but definitely worth every penny!!





Ok, so these next two things are my top two FAVORITE baby items! I often give them as baby gifts because I believe every baby should own them!! We have used both with Lilly and Cooper!



The Wubbanub pacifier ... I can't say enough about how wonderful it is. Cooper can already grab his paci and put it in his mouth as long as it is still close to his face. It is also wonderful for resting on babies tummy at night while they are sucking on the pacifier. Because of the stuff animal attached they can't spit the paci across the cradle! This is another item we should buy stock in! The mommy who invented this is a genius! I recently noticed that Babies R' Us is selling Wubbanubs. However, they do not have the super cute ones! Go to www.wubbanub.com and you can search retailers. Nowhere else in the Richmond area sells them. We usually order ours from www.diapers.com or www.overstock.com.


The Miracle Blanket. I don't even have words to describe how wonderful this is. It does not even compare to the over swaddle blankets out there. It is the reason that both of my babies have slept through the night at 5 weeks old. Everyone should own one!! Only two stores in Richmond sell these. USA Baby and Toys that Teach. You can also get them on babiesrus.com. If you go to www.miracleblanket.com you can find a list of other retailers or order straight from the website! GO BUY ONE NOW!!!!!








Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

You can't tell us about all this fab stuff and not tell us where to get it! :)