Monday was my first day of summer vacation! Hurrican Lilly hit our house, but we survived. I am learning to let her pull out all of her toys and then clean them up once she is done instead of following her around and putting the toy back that she was playing with when she loses interest and pulls another one out. I am also learning how to juggle the daily house chores. Yesterday we ran a few errands in the morning and then came home for lunch and then nap. I had great intentions of doing laundry (washing, folding, and putting away), unloading the dishwasher and blogging while Lilly was taking her 3 1/2 hour nap...but instead I napped too. I was exhausted! I did however have dinner on the table and ready when my hubby got home! Here are some pictures from the destruction Hurrican Lilly did to our home!
Today I have been more productive! I got up and worked out and showered all before Lilly woke up at 9:00 a.m. That girl loves her sleep! Then we had breakfast and went for a visit at Grammy's work and had lunch with her. Lilly fell asleep on the way home and is now upstairs sleeping! Tonight she is going for a visit at Grammy and Grandpa's house while Dave and I volunteer serving food at Freedom House (a soup kitchen downtown). I did it about a month ago with a bunch of girls and we all felt so good when we left. It's just a little way to help and volunteer our time for people who are less fortunate. After we serve food we are all going to take advantage of our babysitters and go out for dinner downtown! I love having dinner downtown because we don't get to go too often anymore! There are so many yummy places to eat down there too!
Here is a video from yesterday. Enjoy!


1 comment:
Michelle - I can't believe you let Lilly make that mess! :)
Post a Comment