Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!!


I LOVE Fall. It might actually be my favorite season. I love that the weather is cooler although, I LOVE the summer too, it is nice to have a break from the HOT HOT weather. I love all the fall smells (scented candles) and foods. Starbucks Spriced Pumpkin Latte is one of my all time favorites! The leaves changing on the trees are gorgeous. We recently traveled 3 hours south-west to visit a friend for a wedding shower and the drive through the mountains was gorgeous with all the leaves changing colors.

We have been busy so far this Fall. We made a trip to the State Fair, which I have to stay was so much fun. I had not been since I was in elementary school, and as an adult always wanted to go but hadn't. When I graduated high school I was always away at college when the Fair came to town. Then, once I was home from college Dave never wanted to go because it "wasn't safe". The State Fair changed locations this year and I have to say it was MUCH BETTER! It was truly like an old-time country fair! Lilly's favorite part was the petting zoo and of course mine was the "fair food". You gotta love a good ole' corn dog and funnel cake! Yum-O.








Last year we started the tradition of going to Carter Mountain Orchard during the Apple Harvest Festival to pick apples. We continued the tradition this year and had so much fun. Last year Lilly was still really small so we carried her in the Snuggli and it was perfect. This year we knew that a stroller would not be practical and it would be too much walking for her so we borrowed a friends backpack carrier for her. She loved it. She stayed it in the whole time eating apples!





This weekend we have a trip the pumpkin patch planned! I can't wait for Lilly to ride the hayride and pick her own pumpkin then, come home and eat Chili and carve it! These are such special memories we are creating and it is more fun to watch her experience these things than I think it is for us doing them! Watching your child be a part of your special family traditions makes those traditions all the more special!



Happy Fall Y'all!




Photobucket

No comments: