I love when Dave is home and we all wake up at home together with nowhere to be. Lilly is so fun in the morning and always in a great mood. Saturday we had breakfast together at home. We all got ready to go pretty early and were out the door. Over the past month we have acquired a ton of stuff that needed to be returned to various stores. So we ran around town returning all of the things that we had bought and didn't want. We had lunch out and then went to Richmond's newest cupcake shop, Pearl's Cupcake Shoppe. It is the most precious little place you've ever seen with the yummiest cupcakes I've ever tasted. Lilly had the the "Plain Jane" which is a vanilla cupcake with vanilla butter cream icing and it had fun sprinkles on it which she loved. Dave had the carrot cake cupcake and I had one of the specials of the day which was the "Wilma Ray". It was a champagne cake with a whipped champagne icing. It was to die for. While we were there we also got some cupcakes for my Grandfather since we were going for a visit later in the day. We surprised him with a Red Velvet cupcake, the Wilma Ray, The Pearl, which is a coconut cupcake, and a chocolate raspberry cupcake. We headed home on a sugar high only long enough for Lilly to get in a quick afternoon nap then we headed back out. We visited with my Grandfather and then picked up my dad and step mom from the airport. They were returning from a week in Sedona and Lilly was so excited to see her Nonny and Poppy at the airport! They brought her back a little Indian Doll and she has not put it down since. She also loved Nonny and Poppy's cowboy hats and had to try it on when we got home! We ended our Saturday out to dinner with Dave's parents. It was a nice end to a great day!
Sunday we had a lazy morning at home and then went and did a little shopping. I think all of the running around all weekend wore Lilly out because we came home from shopping and she took a 4 hour nap. She probably would have slept longer but we had to wake her up to get to the grocery store. She was so good in the grocery store so we stopped at Tropical Smoothie on the way home and got her a kids smoothie! She loved it! Now, the house is clean, Lilly is upstairs having sweet dreams, and the hubby and I are watching the NY Mets game. I hope your weekend was as wonderful as ours!
P.S. I am trying to be better about taking pictures.. I just always get distracted and forget. I did remember to get a few this weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment